Sunday, July 15, 2012

Not In A Day

I think my son is trying to tell me something. 

He dragged out the Wii Fit board this afternoon. Last year we were all about the Wii Fit as a family and he loved doing the body tests. We gradually moved toward the EA Sports Active fitness game (I love the boxing), other sports oriented games and then, of course, more outside activities. I was shocked to discover that I hadn't weighed in on Wii for 355 days. Needless to say, I was a bit apprehensive about what the silly talking Wii board would say. I couldn't remember what I weighed a year ago.

I have been really stepping things up this spring and summer as far as activity. I am tired of not being able to keep up with rest of my family. I am actually tired of stepping things up. It seems like no matter how hard I work I am not seeing much in the way of dividends. The weight stays the same. I have lost a inch or so around my hips and butt, yet all I really notice is that I am exhausted all the time and I hurt everywhere more than anywhere else.  Morgan says that he sees I have more agility and stamina and I suppose I agree with him, to a point. He reminds me that Rome wasn't built in a day and it has taken decades to put myself in this horrid condition.  Frankly, most days I just want to crawl into bed and stay there and flame it all. I have been on this current ride to "healthy" for 547 days and I don't seem to be getting anywhere healthier.

I was pleasantly surprised that I weighed in at 11 pounds less today than a year ago.  That makes 19 pounds lost since the beginning.  It's not much progress considering what my goal is, but at least it is forward motion.

So, my son was trying to tell me something this afternoon. That it would be fun to weigh in and play a game or two. He was right. It was fun.

My goal for the end of this summer is to see this in person. Lian will be the reason I get there.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What People Are Reading